An out-of-the-box, intuitive DAQ system with scalability to 1000+ channels.
Chameleon’s unique architecture provides incredible power and flexibility with an easy-to-use interface. Other DAQ solutions can be overly complex and inflexible – Chameleon provides the same intuitive interface, whether configuring basic or high channel count systems. Expand your system in any direction while using the same user-friendly software tools.
Chameleon offers compatibility with a wide variety of National Instruments controllers and data acquisition modules so you can configure a system to meet your specific application requirements. Have your system up and running in minutes, acquiring static and dynamic signals at multiple sample rates from a variety of sensor types.
- Scalability: Up to 1000+ channels
- Signal Types: Voltage, IEPE, strain, bridge-based, thermocouples, RTDs, current, resistance
- Hardware Form Factor: NI PXI and PXI Express, NI CompactDAQ, NI FieldDAQ
- Synchronization: Inter-channel skew as low as 5 ns
- Sampling Rates: From less than 1 S/s up to 2MS/s
- A/D, D/A Conversion: 24-bit with up to 118 dB dynamic range
- Coupling: AC or DC
- External Timing Source: GPS, IEEE 1588, IRIG-B
- Multiple chassis configuration with distributed controllers or MXI interface
- Multiple chassis time synchronization
Chameleon PXI version 1.8.3 has been modified to enable high speed data acquisition above 2M/samples per second. Certain features and functions of Chameleon had to be modified to enable this much higher speed than normal. For more information on the modifications as well as the hardware used in making these changes, CLICK HERE.
- Simple, intuitive, Out-of-the-Box setup and operation
- Mixed sensor configurations including microphones, accelerometers, bridge sensors, thermocouples, RTD’s, and current sensors
- Single or multiple chassis configurations using MXI, USB, or Ethernet with cross chassis time synchronization
- Data visualization, multiple traces and graphs, with live or pre-recorded data
- Mixed sample rates across modules
- Analog or digital triggering with pre-triggering
- Strain and bridge sensor calibration (offset and gain adjustment)
- Calculated virtual channels with and equation builder with editable on-the-fly while recording
- Channel alarms with visual, audible or digital output indicators
- Analog output with predefined or arbitrary waveforms
- Data logging at a rate less than the sample rate with on-the-fly logging rate update
- Automatic re-triggering for repeated measurements with incremental data file naming
- Data export to popular file formats for post test analysis
- External control of Chameleon using VI Server or ActiveX for easy integration with third party programs
- Scripted measurements with the option to run on power-up